Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flow Wellness - Yyoga Downtown

I have some friends who also bought the Passport to Prana. Because one of them works in downtown, we decided to go to Flow in downtown. Flow Wellness Center is located at the corner of Smithe and Burrard. It is above the Salai Thai and Winking Judge Pub. We went to the 6pm Flow class.

The entrance is located on Burrard St. We had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to the studio. At the top of the stairs is the check in desk. On the immediate right is their yoga store where they sell yoga clothing and books. Past the check in desk is the Shoe Room. The Shoe Room is where you are supposed put your shoes. I have never seen a shoe room before. It is a room that is about 4 feet by 7 feet. One wall is floor to ceiling shelving for shoes. Tonight it was filled with shoes. A sign that it is busy here tonight. Past the yoga store is a cafe where you can refresh and rejuvenate. We didn't get a chance to try it out. We check in and put our shoes in the shoe room then head to the Earth room for our yoga lesson.

It was an ok overall experience. The room was so packed that the instructor didn't have her own space to do the instruction. We had to listen carefully to her instructions. I would estimate there was about 50-60 people in the room. I think there was too many people for my liking. She played some R&B music. It was good music, but I am used to more relaxing spa music. It was hard to hear her instructions over the music. I have been to yoga a few times and I am familiar with some of the poses. I feel bad for my friends. They haven't been to yoga in a long time and there is no instructor to watch. We had to depend on our neighbours to see if we were doing the poses correctly. The highlight of the class was the attempt to do a headstand. There was only 2 people in class who did the headstand and where doing various poses on their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment