Monday, January 11, 2010

Yyoga - Richmond

I'm on a roll! Today I visited Yyoga in Richmond. Yyoga seems to have the most selection of yoga classes. It offers classes thru out the day. Most of the other studios offer classes in the mornings or late in the afternoon close to 5pm. I went to a class at 2pm.

It is a beautiful place. As you walk in on the left is the shelf for shoes. On the right they sell yoga clothing. As you past the yoga clothing is the check in desk. The ladies there are very friendly. My hatha class was in the Sun room. After I checked in, I went towards the bathroom. The long corridor towards the bathroom is long and white. It made me feel as if I was in some sci-fi movie. When I got to the bathroom, it was pretty amazing. It is so large and clean. There are small lockers in there for you to lock up valuables. The sinks are like the ones in new houses. There are also a few shower stalls. There are also blow dryers. I really understand if the rate is a bit higher at this place. You really get what you pay for.

I really enjoyed my experience. My yoga teacher is really nice and attentive. I guess it helps that there were only 5 of us in class today. It was really easy to understand her when she explained how to do the poses. Her transitions were simple and smooth. The Sun room is a pretty large room. It had soft lighting. She played relaxing music. She didn't have it playing continuously and it was kinda disturbing that she stopped to change the music a few times. One side of the room is floor to ceiling mirrors. I felt the mirrors were really helpful. I could see how I was doing the poses versus how the teacher was doing the poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment