Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kerrisdale Yoga

Today I finally got off my ass and went to a yoga studio! I was going to go to Radha Yoga and Eatery today. They had an open house. I was going to go in the afternoon to their seminars on chahkras and how to interpret your dreams. I was running late and I don't like being late for classes / seminars. So I decided to put my new iPhone to use and see if there were any classes available within the next hour. I found Kerrisdale Yoga. It is quite a distance away. It is located on W 46th Ave and West Blvd in Kerrisdale. There is a limit of 12 participants in the class. Today there was only 10 in the class. The yoga room is very small. It has yellow walls. Yellow isn't a very calming color for me. It felt claustrophobic. For some poses we were even bumping into each other. The teacher put on relaxing music for us.

Overall I didn't like my experience there too much. The teacher made us do the same poses over and over. The transitions from pose to pose was very awkward and not smooth. The atmosphere wasn't very relaxing for me. I went to Bonsor one time for a pilates class. It was very relaxing. She had the relaxing music. She lite some candles for some ambiance.

I would not come here again. Thank god for the Passport to Prana pass, I only have to go there once.

No comments:

Post a Comment