Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yin Yoga

I am getting my money's worth at Yyoga. Today is my second time going to yoga using the 2 week 'pass'. I went to Yin yoga today.

I didn't know what the difference was with Yin yoga and the other forms of yoga. It was a 8pm class. It was in the small room. At Highgate Yyoga, there are two rooms that are used to practice yoga. It is called 'This' and 'That'. I know it's kinda weird names for the rooms. I asked the receptionist where the Yin yoga will be practiced. She said the smaller one. The smaller room only holds a max of 15 people. The larger room, where I took the hot yoga yesterday, holds about 30 people. There were only about 10 people in this class. I guess it isn't a popular class.

The teacher explained to us the main difference in the beginning of class. The difference is that in Yin yoga you hold the poses for a longer period of time. It focuses on stretching the thighs and the lower back muscles. The teacher said you won't feel it till the next day. I'm really looking forward to that ;/....It is yoga with almost all the poses sitting or laying down. Once or twice there was downward dog. That was the extent of standing poses. At the end of class we were laying down, it's like meditating laying down. Some people where so relaxed that they fell asleep. The person on my left and the person on my right fell asleep and both were snoring a little bit.

Overall, I didn't like it too much. When you hold a pose for a long period of time, your blood rushes in that direction. Then you do many poses, your blood rushes everywhere. Especially when I get motion sickness easily, I have to be careful on how long I hold the poses so I don't get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment